Lions Club of Newcastle
The Lions Club of Newcastle, County Down is a non-religious and non-political charity made up of ordinary men and women.
We are under the affiliation of Lions Club International which is one of the largest charities in the world.
Every penny we collect is given to charities.
If you have an hour to spare and help our community why not think about joining us.
Newcastle (NC) and Newry (N) Lions Clubs Highlight Childhood Cancer Fund Appeal
On Monday Lions Clubs from Newcastle and Newry visited Daisy Lodge to present cheques for £2,000.00 and £1,000.00 to the Children's Cancer Fund to South Down Regional Fund Raiser, Aisling Gibson. The donations resulted from a lot of hard work by both Clubs.
In thanking the Lions for their donation, Aisling spoke of the work of Daisy Lodge, in helping to give families of those effected Daisy Lodge, this festive season will host 96 families for a short therapeutic break. In total 432 individuals will be welcomed through the doors of Daisy Lodge for rest and relaxation. 4,320 warming meals will be skillfully prepared by the Hospitality team There is a waiting list of 50 families.
Plans for second Daisy Lodge in Cong Co Mayo have begun as site has been cleared and construction will begin in 2024 and plans to open late 2025.
Photo: Lions from Newry (N) and Newcastle (NC) visit Daisy Lodge Children Cancer Fund to present cheques for £2,000.00 and £1,000.00 to Aisling Gibson South Down Regional Fund raiser. Included in the photo are: Brian Cowan (N), Dan (NC) Gareth Fitzgerald (N) Pres Liz Murphy
(NC) Aisling Gibson SDRF ,"VDG Marian Mc Greevy (NC) Pres Thomas Braham (N)
We raise funds for worthy causes and individuals.
We organise service activities to assist people in our community.
- Maintain 10 defibrillators in Newcastle area,
- Collect & recylcle spectacles, bikes, sewing machines, & tools for Africa.
- Collect for the Pantry Foodbank.
We have different activities each year.
- The Daisy Dander in support of Daisy Lodge.
- Monthly coffee mornings.
- We organize Pub Quizes and street collections for various causes.
We assist and support different schools, groups, individuals, and charities each year local and international.
- Our local senior schools take part in an annual Peace Poster competition.
- Spectacles recycling supported by local opticians and councils.
Preloved spectacles can be left in the Library and local opticians.
We need your help to help others.
- A 2 hour commitment each month will make a difference.
- We meet once a month in the Burrendale Hotel at 7.30pm on 2nd Tuesday of the month.
- Where there's a need there's a Lion.